On March 28th around 5:00pm the Western Berks Fire Department along with mutual aid units, were dispatched to the 100 block of Carriage Drive in South Heidelberg Township for a structure fire. Responding units were advised that a junction box for an HVAC unit was smoking on the exterior of the structure. Crews arrived on scene and began investigating. There was no fire, but it was determined that the HVAC unit did malfunction and caused charring to an exterior fuse box. The unit was isolated, and the assignment was quickly reduced. We were assisted by the below companies.
-Robesonia Fire Company
-Township of Spring Fire Rescue
-Wyomissing Fire Department
-Shillington Fire Company
-Mohnton Fire Company
-Western Berks Ambulance Association